How to Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions

 

How to Stick to Your New Year's Resolutions

Hi guys and welcome to 2021. Didn't think that one wold be so weird to say. 2020 has been such a year, but I think everyone's ready for a fresh start, or at least I am. Say goodbye to our old selves I guess.

Anyways, every year we set up New Year's Resolutions. May it be Health, Spiritual, or Economic related, most of u have one thing that we really want to kick in the butt or start new this year. My personal goal is to find out who I am. Problem is, by February, they've all gone out the window. Well, no more! I am going to share the best tips for how to stick to those goals. Write these ones down so you can be on your way to a new self. 

1. Make it a Reachable Goal

Instead of saying a broad thing that you want to accomplish, make it something specific that you can work towards. I'll give a few examples.
Bad:I want to be happier
Better: I'm going to find 15 minutes of me time and pursue a hobby I enjoy.

Bad:I want to be healthy
Better: I am going to go to the gym twice a week to be my strongest self

Bad: I want to get better grades
Better: I am going to get a planner and write down all of my homework/daily tasks to keep my head straight

2. Don't Make It Impossible

Baby steps are key here. You can't say "I want to go to the gym everyday" or "I want to get a perfect score" and expect it to all go according to plan. Life doesn't take notes on what you want to make sure your goal gets easily accomplished. You are going to have to put effort in each day, and it will be hard, so make sure you don't shoot too high and disappoint yourself.

3. Learn From Your Past, But Don't Dwell On It

It is important to know where you could have gone wrong in the past. However, stressing out over it will just derail you from your goal. 

4.Reward Yourself

One idea is to give yourself a small reward to getting to the steps towards reaching your goal. This can actually help keep you on track without making you feel restricted or like you're pushing too hard.

OK, That was It! I hope you enjoyed these tips and don't forget to share this with people you think would benefit from reading this.

Contact info

Instagram @abdailyvibes

Comments

Popular Posts