Procrastination!

It's Time 

Welcome or welcome back to my blog! I'm Annabelle, a teenager who is just trying to help some people out (because I definitely need some myself). Today's tips are about procrastination. You know who your are. So, I'm going to share some of my tips for how to get things done. 

1. If You're Gonna Procrastinate, at Least Be Productive

 I know it's super hard to stay focused, so when you get off track, get something else done. You could go do some laundry, or clean up a bit. When I'm procrastinating I usually do the dishes. 

2. Stay Organized 

Having a to-do list is a pretty good way to keep yourself off track. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a couple of chores or tasks you'd like to get done that day. Whatever your list looks like, make sure it's attainable.

3. Get Distractions Away from You

Sometimes it is okay to procrastinate, but sometimes you need to do it under a time limit or for a deadline. Let's say your phone is your distraction. Even keeping it in a different room can be a major time savor. If you don't see it or you can't reach for it, you are less likely to have it be a distraction. 

4. Time Yourself

One idea is to set up a timer. Focus on work, for example, 1 hour, and when that's done, you can take a break. If working for an hour is too long or too little, you can change it to however long you can be productive for. 

5. Do the Hardest Stuff First

I always find that  if i do the hardest things first, I say to myself "Ok, yo can keep going, it's only a little bit more." If you take care of the easy stuff first, you often feel like you have a mountain to climb ahead of you.


6. Incentives

Another tip is to give yourself a reward when you finish. Think, "If I can finish this, I can get myself a coffee." Coffee usually does the trick. Make it something you're really going to want.

That's It!

I hope you enjoyed these few tips; they work for me! Next time I'm going to share some more recipes, this time dedicated to Thanksgiving ideas. See you next time!
P.S. Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions on blogs or want me to write about anything.

Contact Information

Instagram: @abdailyvibes 

Comments

  1. These tips are really helpful! Good job as always, Annabelle! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa and I often make a list of the things we want to get done. It helps us not to forget what we want to do and I like being able to cross out things on the list as we finish them. Rewarding yourself is a great idea! Sometimes I forget to do that and you have reminded me that that is a great motivation. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts